Are you ready for some football? With the big game approaching – you’ll definitely want to have a delicious recipe to whip up for your party guests to enjoy.
· TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
· SERVINGS: 6
1. 3 pounds chicken wings, wing tips removed and wings cut into 2 pieces
2. 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
3. 4 small dried red chiles
4. 2 whole-star anise
5. 1 3-inch cinnamon stick
6. 1/3 cup soy sauce
7. 1/3 cup sake
8. 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
9. 3 tablespoons mirin
10. 3 tablespoons sugar
11. 2 scallions, thinly sliced
1. In a very large nonstick skillet (or in batches), cook the chicken wings over moderate heat, turning once, until golden, about 8 minutes. Add the ginger, chiles, star anise and cinnamon and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Add the soy sauce, sake, oyster sauce, mirin, sugar and 1/3 cup of water and bring to a simmer over moderate heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the wings are cooked through and the sauce has reduced to a thick glaze, about 8 minutes. Discard the chiles, star anise and cinnamon. Transfer the chicken wings to a platter, scatter the scallions on top and serve.
To make sure you’re always in the loop and up to date with everything happening in your community, be sure to LIKE the Ponderosa Facebook page.