Spring is almost over, so it’s time to pull out your maintenance checklist and prepare your home to transition summer. Here are 6 tips to get you started to keep your home in tip-top shape this season.
1. Did you know that the U.S. Fire Administration reports over 15,000 dryer fires each year? Remember to give your dryer vent a thorough cleaning this summer using a vent-cleaning brush kit. It’s more effective than using your household vacuum cleaner.
2. It’s time to clean the exterior glass of your home! Wash your windows this summer so you can enjoy crystal clear views all year long.
3. You’re going to want to spend plenty of time in your backyard – so help promote healthy lawn and garden growth by planning a watering schedule.
4. Grab a ladder because it’s time to clean your gutters! Prevent water damage to your home by washing out the built-up debris that can collect during the cooler months.
5. Just like resetting your clocks for daylight saving time, you’ll want to reverse the direction of your ceiling fan blades for the summer to circulate cooler air and save money this season.
6. You’ll have plenty of outdoor gatherings to prepare for – so don’t forget to give your grill a deep cleaning.
To make sure you’re always in the loop and up to date with everything happening in your community, be sure to LIKE the Ponderosa Facebook page.